River View Estates, major metro Kansas City’s finest Community, is centrally located between the Legends Outlet Center, Downtown Kansas City and County Club Plaza. It is close to everything downtown Kansas City has to offer but has a country feel and plenty of room to enjoy the outside activities.
The Legends Outlets is Kansas City’s premier outdoor shopping and entertainment center located at I-70 and I-435 just 7 miles from the Community, a quick 10 minute drive. Some of the nation’s hottest retailers can be found in Legends Outlets. Saks Fifth Avenue, J Crew, Under Armour, Nike Factory, Adidas, Loft, Chico’s, Brooks Brothers Factory Store, Gap, Banana Republic Factory Store, and Tommy Hilfiger are just a few of the premier retailers.
It is located in the heart of Village West and is the single largest tourist attraction in Kansas. It includes:
- Leading outdoor retailer Cabelas
- Nebraska Furniture Mart
- Schlitterbahn Vacation Village Waterpark
- Hollywood Casino
- Great Wolf Lodge
In addition, a variety of sporting and concert venues are available in Village West, including:
- NASCAR Kansas Speedway
- Northern League Kansas City T-Bones baseball team
- Livestrong Stadium, featuring concerts and the “Sporting Kansas City,” a major league soccer team
For more information go to www.legendsshopping.com.
Downtown Kansas City
Downtown Kansas City is rated one of the top ten downtowns in America by Forbes Magazine. It features the largest arts and entertainment district in the Midwest.
- The Kansas City Power & Light District has more than 50 unique shops, restaurants, bars, and entertainment venues, offering something for everyone
- It has the nation’s 6th busiest sports arena, the Sprint Center
- It is home to one of the country’s finest farmers markets, the City Market, www.thecitymarket.org
- It has a state-of-the-art performing arts center, the Kauffman Center, www.kauffmancenter.org, and a movie theater, Alamo Drafthouse Mainstreet Theatre
For more information go to www.downtownkc.org.
Country Club Plaza
Country Club Plaza is Kansas City’s premier retail, dining and entertainment destination located 14 miles from the Community, an easy 20 minute drive. The Plaza is made up of a 15 block district, with more than 150 shops and dozens of restaurants. It has superb shopping, world class dining, and entertaining activities, and is a premier Midwest destination.
For more details go to www.countryclubplaza.com.
Kansas Cit’s Public Schools are the cornerstone of the community. Their goal is to become one of the top 10 school districts in the nation. They continue to grow and evolve to adapt to the changing elements of the urban core of the city. Kansas City public schools are great schools with involved parents and successful students. They are committed to providing a quality education in a safe environment. The three public schools in River View Estates boundaries are:
- Stony Point South Elementary (K-5) a mere 1.5 miles from the Community
- Arrowhead Middle School (6-8) a distance of 5 miles, a short 10 minute ride
- Washington High School is 6 miles from the Community, accessible in 15 minutes
The Metro Area Express (MAX) is the rapid transit bus service in Kansas City. It operates 7 days a week from 5 am to 1 am. Schedules are available online.
- Quicker commutes. Exceptional service. No parking worries or driving costs. MAX is simply the easiest, most affordable, stress-free way to work and play.
- MAX connects you with your community—from the River Market to The Plaza and all points in between.
- Stylish MAX buses operate on existing streets. Vehicles use dedicated lanes during rush hour and have the ability to prolong green lights at intersections to remain on schedule.
The Interstate System in Kansas City supports the traffic flow that travels across the city.
- I-35 in Kansas City is the main interstate highway and traffic route that travels across metro Kansas City in generally a north/northeast by south/southwesterly direction
- I-70 connects the state’s two largest cities and carries more rural daily traffic than any other route
- I-435 intersects with nearly every other interstate highway in the Kansas City area
- Providence Medical Center, recipient of the “2012 Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval” for successfully demonstrating compliance for health care quality and safety, is located 9 miles from the Community in Kansas City
- University of Kansas Medical Center, 10 miles from the Community in Kansas City, serves Kansas through excellence in education, research, patient care and community engagement
- Veterans Administration Center in Leavenworth, KS and VA Medical Center in Kansas City, MO will provide health care services to our residents who are veterans
Additional Area Attractions www.attractionsKC.com
- Agricultural Center
- Hall of Fame
- Kansas City Zoo, www.kansascityzoo.org
- Kansas City Aquarium
- Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, www.kansascityfed.org/moneymuseum
- Kemper Museum of Contemporary Art
- LEGOLAND Discovery Center
- National WWI Museum at Liberty Memorial
- Many Historical Sites in the area including Harry S. Truman Library and Museum, National Frontier Trails Museum, Victorian Mansions, Independence Square, Jesse James Birth Place, Lecompton Historical Society, and Watkins Woolen Mill
Where you choose to live influences your happiness! Let us be a part of that — come enjoy our great location in a quiet, peaceful community that is family owned and operated. Please call 913-299-0354 to schedule an appointment and take a tour of the Community or Click Here to contact us.